When it comes to choosing flooring options for your home, Mohawk engineered hardwood is an excellent choice. Known for its durability, beauty, and versatility, Mohawk engineered hardwood is an ideal flooring solution for any room in your house. Whether you are a DIY enthusiast or hiring a professional installer, this guide will provide you with the necessary information and steps to ensure a successful installation of Mohawk engineered hardwood.
1. Measure and Prepare: Before beginning the installation process, measure the room(s) where you plan to install the Mohawk engineered hardwood. This will help you determine the amount of flooring material needed. Remember to account for any wastage and add a few extra planks to your total count. Next, make sure the subfloor is clean, level, and free from any debris. Remove any existing flooring and ensure that the subfloor is dry and structurally sound.
2. Gather Tools and Materials: To install Mohawk engineered hardwood, you will need the following tools and materials:
– Mohawk engineered hardwood planks
– Underlayment (if required by manufacturer’s instructions)
– Moisture barrier (if required by manufacturer’s instructions)
– Measuring tape
– Miter or circular saw
– Pry bar
– Flooring adhesive (if using glue-down method)
– Flooring nails/staples (if using nail-down method)
– Rubber mallet
– Tapping block
– Safety glasses
– Knee pads
– Installation spacers
3. Install the Mohawk Engineered Hardwood: Start by laying the moisture barrier or underlayment on the prepared subfloor, if required. This will provide additional protection and help with soundproofing. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for installation. Next, begin installing the Mohawk engineered hardwood planks according to your chosen method – glue-down, nail-down, or floating. If using the glue-down method, apply a small amount of flooring adhesive on the subfloor, and then carefully lay the planks, ensuring they are aligned and snugly fit together. Use a rubber mallet and tapping block to gently tap the planks in place.